

I always look forward to and really enjoy general conference weekend!I was asked to speak in Church next Sunday so I had a focus for conference. It helped and now that it is over, I'm glad I really get to study the talks more and come up with something to say in my talk that will be helpful and uplifting in our sacrament meeting.
Many insights came that were needed in my life right now. We are all still adjusting to Stan's new calling in the bishopric. The best advice I received was from President Monson's life history that played yesterday between sessions. I've been praying to feel comforted, helped, blessed with extra patience, and being more supportive to Stan as he is required to sacrifice much time and energy. I thought again of covenants we have made in the time to give of our time, talents etc. This is a part of life! As Elder Wirthlin said (from his mother), "Come what may and love it!"
The other talk I really enjoyed was President Monson's Sunday morning talk. He spoke much of gratitude. Ingratitude being among the most serious of sins and Gratitude one of the noblest virtues, or something like that. He spoke of "Enjoying the journey, NOW!" Time never stops and moments pass all too quickly. I think there was something from each talk that stuck out to me but these were most significant to me right now. I'm so grateful for living prophets! I feel so blessed to have continuos revelation and guidance for me and my family.
2 comments:
Hi Sh'Nell. I also really appreciated the history of Pres. Monson's life and listened as he talked about the wife supporting her husband in leadership callings...Jeff's been in the bishopric for the past 5 years and was just called to be the bishop. So we're adjusting a bit, like you guys. It sounds like you've got the right attitude. I was wondering if the temple in Calgary is going to closer for you. Without looking at a map, I'm not sure where everything is.
Hi Sh'Nell! Thanks for your comments on my blog. :) No, I'm not engaged, but when that happens, I will definitely let you know!
Post a Comment