I'm doing this post early for Mother's Day as I have been thinking about mothers and how wonderful they are.
I love my mother! She is selfless, kind, caring, compassionate, loving, patient, and a million other things. She is the perfect mother for me. I'm so grateful this week for her willingness to serve us. She drove 11 hours, each way from Spokane to Edmonton and then back, just to help us pack for our move. Can you believe it? Some people are blown away by the idea but my mom does things like this often. Our house is packed up except for the last minute stuff and I know I wouldn't have half of it done, had she not come. My brain is so scatterbrained right now and I'm so tired. She helped me have focus and keep working so we could get it done. Because she was so efficient, we were able to get some other projects done too and have fun with the kids. How will I live without my mother?
As for other mothers in my life. There are too many who have had an influence to mention. But I will mention my husband's mother. In the 8 years I've known her, I'm amazed with her abilities and the talents she was blessed with to raise her family. She persevered through many hard times and raised an amazing son who has a strong testimony of the gospel and is a great provider, excellent husband to me, and wonderful father to our children.
So, I'm grateful, and will always be, for the motherly influences I have had in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment