6 of us!

6 of us!

9.27.2009

What a week!

For those of you who check and read this blog, this is a follow-up to last week's entry. Stan was called to serve as Young Men's President in our ward. It will be a new experience for him, he`s never served in Young Men`s. But he will do well, as he always does. Pray for him. It will take a miracle to be able to balance full time work, part-time MBA program that starts tomorrow, family, and his new calling. We aren`t sure how it will work out but we know the Lord will bless us with what we need. I knew as soon as he was called that last Sunday was a good preparation for me. I needed that spiritual boost to give me the strength to say that I would support Stan in his new endeavor. It won`t be easy but sacrificing isn`t supposed to be easy. If it was, we wouldn`t learn and it wouldn`t help us to grow. So, here`s to a crazy 3 years at least! (The MBA program will take 3 years, the calling will most likely be longer, as long as we don`t move.)
I`m really grateful for the past 4 months I`ve had to have Stan around. It has blessed our marriage greatly. I`m so glad that we had a little breather, to have so much family time, be able to renovate our house (we`re almost done with the last of the flooring and it looks awesome), and give me the support I needed as we lost our little boy.


Stan`s birthday is tomorrow! He prefers to keep things simple so we are having Whitney and his cousin Marlene over for dinner, SKOR cake and ice cream. I`m so grateful to be married to him. He is everything that I need in a husband and has really helped me to be a better person. That was a big reason why I married him. I knew he would help me in the ways that I needed to be strengthened but couldn`t do on my own. He is a fantastic father, the kids are so blessed to have him. I`m grateful to his parents who raised him in a wonderful, loving, and gospel-centered home. They were and continue to be great examples in our lives.

1 comment:

judy torrie said...

Sure love your updates !!We miss you all and want to see lots of pictures of you all!!Stan we know the Lord will bless you and our prayers are with you that you will be able to get some rest as well as do all those other important things!!Have the kids write us aletter once in a while we love to get mail!Love from Nauvoo !!