6 of us!

6 of us!

3.11.2010

Run

So, my friend talked my into running a 1/2 marathon in September. The thought of running again was exciting but scary. It's been a long time since I've done any real running. I thought I was pretty out of shape. I decided to go jogging just before dinner last night and Brynn and Joel really wanted to come. So I told them the loop we were going to make and that we would be doing some walking. I had total confidence that they would be just fine, since I'm really out of shape. I forgot to take into account that they are 5 and 7. Kids seem like they can go forever and ever. After 30 seconds of VERY slow jogging, they stopped to walk. Our loop was just over a mile and we walked most of it. The funny thing was that they kept moaning and asking if we were ever going to be done, all the while knowing that the only way to get home was to keep walking. As we approached the last leg, out of nowhere Joel said, "where's a taxi when we need one?" Random and very funny comment. It also kept them minds busy for a few minutes.

4 comments:

Bryan and Lindsay said...

That's so funny! I've run a lot of half marathons so if you need any pointers with training for one just let me know :). You basically just need to do 2 short runs during the week and choose 1 day a week to do your longer run. Good luck with it! I want to do one about then too :)

Unknown said...

You are great !! Those will be never to be forgotten happy memories .I remember walks with my mother and they are some of the sweetesr memories of my life !!Love from Nauvoo

Chari said...

That's so funny, what a good mom! I use running as an escape from the my kids! I'm planning on doing a 1/2 marathon in September as well, too bad we can't train and run together!

Nicole said...

Ha ha! When I started running after having Kaleia I realized that I needed a lot more practice when Lucas (7) could keep up to my 'run' by walking -- even with smaller legs. Good luck with training:-)