Lots to update sometime.
For now, we just started our new year of homeschool. I have a little more structure than I did previously and I think it will help. It sure helps me to be organized but homeschooling is so hard! Today was day 2.
The thing about my "new age kids" is that I have to force them to play outside in very sunny and warm weather with lots of exploring to do, a trampoline, acres of land, etc.(we are at my parents' house). For some reason they think it's my job to entertain them all day everyday. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't relate. One day I had to negotiate lunch. If they didn't play outside for 30 minutes, there would be no lunch served. It sounds cruel but honestly, kids who don't want to play outside??? Maybe they'll remember that when it's 30 below this winter and there's lot of snow on the ground.
They are slightly better now that I call it recess, during the school day. What's the difference?
1 comment:
you're not alone! I have to force my kids, especially my boys, outside. They would play video games all day if I let them but I make them turn it off and force them outside. They keep coming in every few minutes and ask how many more minutes until they can come in. I remember always playing outside as a kid. I didn't like being inside because then my Mom made me do chores! UGH!
Post a Comment