I just finished reading a book that I found really interesting. It is The Blind Side by Michael Lewis. There is a movie made about it that I haven't seen. My sister-in-law was nice enough to edit her book with a lot of white out, so I could read it easier (I'm not afraid to admit that I don't like to read books or watch movies with a lot of swearing.)
A few things I really liked about the book:
-Tom Lemming, who is famous for gathering and compiling football stats to distribute to coaches, etc, began this dream without pay for 7 years! What sacrifice for something he really believed in and loved doing.
-this quote "what sets football apart from other sports is that what you don't see is often the most important thing." This is so true in many aspects of life. Motherhood is this way. Parenthood in general. I think many times in our lives as we give service, we do it quietly and unnoticed, as the Savior did.
-The Tuohy family was amazing. They LOVE sports, saw something unique in Michael Oher and helped give him the opportunities he needed to be successful in life They were mentors. They believed in him and helped in ways never could have happened without another mentor figure.
If you like sports, football especially, you'll love this. Even if you don't, the messages of the book were inspiring. (Remember there is a lot of swearing in the book. I'm not sure about the movie because I haven't seen it.)
2 comments:
The movie is excellent.
Glad you loved the book. The movie is incredible and definitely a keeper!
Post a Comment