This winter has been long, cold, and dreary. I looked for a plane ticket to Houston, for fun, to go see my sister. The tickets were cheap! My mom and I went for a weekend in February and my dad watched the kids. I still sometimes can't believe he did it. He must really love me. The kids had fun and he survived the experience. My mom and I had fun with my sister. It was so much warmer than here at home. We enjoyed sunshine, quiet, a temple session, some yummy meals, and lots of good visiting time. We went to Galveston just to see it. It didn't look too devastated. I'm sure a lot of rebuilding has happened since Hurricane Ike in 2008. We had to go to the ocean because we were close. They have many of their houses built on stilts. Smart idea.
6 of us!
3.01.2011
Houston
This winter has been long, cold, and dreary. I looked for a plane ticket to Houston, for fun, to go see my sister. The tickets were cheap! My mom and I went for a weekend in February and my dad watched the kids. I still sometimes can't believe he did it. He must really love me. The kids had fun and he survived the experience. My mom and I had fun with my sister. It was so much warmer than here at home. We enjoyed sunshine, quiet, a temple session, some yummy meals, and lots of good visiting time. We went to Galveston just to see it. It didn't look too devastated. I'm sure a lot of rebuilding has happened since Hurricane Ike in 2008. We had to go to the ocean because we were close. They have many of their houses built on stilts. Smart idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it keeps signing me in as April for some reason :) :) I am so glad that you and mom came down.. we did have some fun... :)
Post a Comment