6 of us!

6 of us!

6.03.2011

Joel is 7

Joel had a birthday this week. We enjoyed playing Monopoly, one of his favorite games, with Whitney and Blake. I love how easy the kids are to please. Joel couldn't think of any presents that he wanted. My kids don't have a lot so it's not that they are overly spoiled, I guess just content with what they do have. I hope it always stays this way forever. I'm learning from them what is really most important. To them, the most important things are spending time together, making memories.
Some things about Joel:
-He is an amazing piano player. He can play by ear. He also reads music. Recently Stan found a simplified version of some of the songs from the movie "How to Train Your Dragon." He adapted one for Joel to learn and he's mastered it. I played a harder version and he watched me and has since learned the whole first page. He is constantly at the piano in between his other tasks. He puts in hours each day playing around on the piano and going through all the songs he has learned. He plays the piano just like a boy, loud and with a lot of gusto. Sometimes I wish we had a music room with a door. The floors we have echo and there isn't a place in the house you can do and not hear it loud and clear.
-Joel is a hard worker. He takes responsibility for tasks given him and gets them done. He doesn't waste a lot of time moping about things. What a blessing.
-He loves board games and he is very good at them. He has a quick mind for computing numbers and figuring things out.
-Just recently he is showing more interest in paying attention at church and can report what he is learning in his primary class. I'm sure this next year will bring change as he approaches age 8, and prepares to be baptized.
-He loves animals and many science things. Every time we go to the library he comes home with a stack of books about animals in various parts of the world.
We love Joel and we are so happy that he is in our family. He adds a unique dimension to our home.

1 comment:

Team Torrie said...

Way to go Joel, I love you so much!! Happy Belated Birthday!!