6 of us!

6 of us!

9.24.2012

I love this talk

Stan has been listening to talks from the BYU speeches web page.  This was his latest and he passed it on to me.  It's a talk by Stephen R Covey from 1975.  It may be old but it was revelation for me.  It must have been exactly what I needed because I soaked it all up and I'm so motivated to be a better person and to be more in tune with the Spirit and have it direct my life.  I know I will see greater progress as I do this.  Here's to great reading and/or listening.
http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=948

One of these days I'll get a new family picture up that includes Spencer.  We did have one taken in August but we haven't seen any of them yet.  And I really think I need to blog more.  Sometimes there is so much to say but I don't think anyone needs to hear it.  Maybe someone does need to hear it.  We'll see...

1 comment:

Kara said...

I think we can all learn from each other and it's really great that as friends from our pasts, we can stay connected as we experience similar and different things on a very similar path we each chose. Another friend of mine was trying to decide what she wanted to do in terms of journal-keeping and had various things on the go so I told her some things that were working for me. And I'll let you in on that, too.

Our blog is private because we want to only connect with certain people and most of them are family who don't live in the neighborhood. We also print this blog into a book and it serves as part of our family history. Some of my favourite pieces of inherited family history are personal stories that make my ancestors more real to me.

I have a personal journal that I use a pen (gasp!) and write thoughts that are just for me and try to write in once a month.

I keep a journal for each of my children which I try to write in every few months.

Hope this helps in some way. I enjoy reading whenever you post. Otherwise, we just all lose touch with one another :)