1. When I chose to marry Stan in the Logan Utah temple for time (on earth) and eternity, I made a covenant with him and with God that I would obey all of God's commandments. The commandment to "multiply and replenish the earth" was given at this time.
2. As I read in the ensign today, it's more than obeying an important commandment. Elder Paul B Pieper says this "bearing and raising children helps us develop our capacity to become like God." I certainly need lots of help becoming like God. This has made me think. Why/how does raising children help me become like God? Well, it forces me to serve, day in and day out, during the night, etc for as long as my children need me. Isn't this forever? I'm sure it will change as time goes by and they leave home. When I choose to willingly serve, it brings me joy and that is one reason I am here on Earth.
Raising children allows me to share the gospel with them, my greatest investigators. As I study and grow in the gospel so I can teach them, I grow closer to God and become more like Him.
I'm sure there are others but these are my thoughts today.
The more children I have, the more work, both spiritual and physical, it is for me and the more opportunity I have for growth. I'll take it.


No comments:
Post a Comment