6 of us!

6 of us!

6.02.2008

Adventures in Calgary

Stan travels to Calgary once a month to do some work and this time we decided to join him. There's lots to do there so me and the kids wanted to have some fun while he was working. We've had some free passes to the Calgary zoo and wanted to use them. As we were preparing to go to the zoo, Macy threw up. Thankfully it was an easy clean up but she was feeling miserable and kept crying. Our choices were to continue on and go to the zoo or try and see if we could check into our hotel early. We decided to go to the zoo because the other kids were really looking forward to it. We prayed that Macy would settle down, sleep and feel better. The Lord answered our prayers and Macy did sleep pretty much the entire time we were at the zoo. The kids enjoyed seeing the animals, even though most were sleeping, eating yummy ice cream cones, riding a little train they have there, AND...taking pictures. (notice there aren't any pictures with this post). I decided to be a nice mom and let Brynn have the camera for a few minutes and take some pictures. She's a responsible girl and so I decided that would be ok. Well, we were viewing the dinosaurs and a nice waterfall and she wanted to take a picture of the beautiful waterfall. I instructed her to stand in a certain place to get the best view. She ignored my suggestion, took off running to the spot she wanted to be at, tripped and the camera flew into the water, never to be seen again. I was blessed with an understanding heart and a lot of patience and assured her that the camera was replaceable and I was glad that she didn't dive into the water. Needless to say, we have no pictures of the day. She felt really bad.
Brynn's favorite part of the zoo: the baby animals and feeding the ducks
Joel's favorite part: chocolate ice cream cone, and with some questioning, he kind of liked the animals too. The train was fun too, he said.
My favorite part: Getting some sun and having the kids be happy and well behaved.
There's more to this adventurous day. We arrive at the hotel, only to find out that the pool is closed. We only chose this hotel for the pool. I couldn't reach Stan as his meetings were running late. The man at the front desk informed me that I could only cancel the reservation if I did it right then. Since I couldn't talk to Stan, I decided to check-in. The kids really wanted to go swimming and we were wondering what we would do. Stan saved the day by getting us out of our reservation and going somewhere that had a great pool. The rest of the evening went great! The kids had fun. We spent the rest of the weekend in Grassy Lake with Stan's family and we celebrated Joel's 4th birthday. I'll post as soon as I can get the pictures from Stan's mom's camera.

No comments: