6 of us!

6 of us!

6.22.2008

Ladiesfest

My posts have been less regular. We have been borrowing a camera but we don't have the cable so I don't have any recent pictures on my computer. Words will have to do for now.
I ran in the annual Ladiesfest race in Lethbridge for the 3rd year in a row. It was a fun experience. I have been training so hard for this race and really wanted to improve my time and finish without being dead. I'm happy to report that I accomplished both goals! It was a great race. Beautiful day, my legs felt good, I was running at a great, comfortable pace. Two and a half weeks ago, I got shin splints on one leg. I didn't know what it was but I was very discouraged and wasn't able to finish my training program as I would have liked too. The Lord was so good to me and allowed me the duration of the race to feel so good and to have a great experience. I was completely lost in my own world the whole time, listening to great music and thinking about life ahead of me.
I love running! It is one of the best things I've discovered to do for myself that really helps me, in a number of ways. I love being with my sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law is amazing!! At 61, she is in great shape and loves to compete. I'll have to post pictures when I can get some up.
Another blurb of thoughts. For any of you who know me, I'm really into learning about financial planning type stuff, getting out of debt, planning for the future, enjoying life along the way, etc.
I came across a talk on type at the library and I lOVED it! If any of you are interested in that, this was a great one.
It's called Smart Couples Finish Rich. I highly recommend it and I can't wait to talk with Stan more about it to help us get our goals in place, again.
We are having ANOTHER rainy day today but it is a blessing as our house was stifling hot after yesterday's 29 C.

1 comment:

Niki said...

It is so funny to read about you saying it was hot at 29C. I always have to remember that is different than the heat we have.. I am trying to get used to the fact it is still 85F. when I am on my way home from work at night.

Good for you on your race and on your goals. Good luck with that.