6 of us!

6 of us!

7.06.2008

Jasper Getaway

Stan and I went to Jasper in the middle of June to have a break from the kids and to remind ourselves that we are still friends and we like being married. It was awesome. We didn't do too many exciting things. We stayed in Hinton, just outside of Jasper because it was way cheaper. We went into town and walked around the townsite, had a yummy lunch, and sat in the Miette Hot Springs for 2 hours. We were supposed to go on a hike but we were both so tired and I was having shin splints in one of my legs. It was so nice to just be lazy and talk. We probably had the most fun talking. We don't make time to do that enough. We are committed to having outings like this at least twice a year. Everyone who is married needs to do it!

This is me in a wildlife preserve, provided by the city of Hinton for people to enjoy. They built boardwalks all through the marshes so you could see a beaver's habitat and other things. It's really peaceful and nice.
This person's house had several antennae on the back. We walked past his driveway to find this ghostbuster car. The sign on the side says "Our service takes you out of this world." Notice the antenna on the car. We thought it was funny and wondered what kind of business he runs. (Also in Hinton, AB)
This was our bed and breakfast. Nice suite, lots of room, very countryish.

These mountain goats or whatever they were, were licking underneath the backs of buses, all taking turns. Interesting.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

UsdailyReader said...

Oh I am oozing jealousy! I need a vaca with my husband. I totally agree that everyone needs to do it a couple times a year. I love that you say "to remind ourselves that we are still friends and we like being married" Don't we all need that every once in a while?

Torrie Family said...

Glad you had a good get a way! Ryan and I left the kiddos with my sister yesterday and had a fabulous time! Hope to see you soon!

Marie said...

Hi Sh'Nell. It's fun to catch up with what you are doing! It looks like you had a good time - I agree that couples need to get away to reconnect every once in a while. We did that in February. I liked reading about the two different countries in your earlier posts. I never thought Canada was too different because I had family there and lived there for just a bit; it is interesting, though, the "security" we seem to have in the country that we live in - I think it's usually more of a familiarity than actual security.