I'm sad to say that we are still without a camera! We didn't want to buy another cheap one and we have lots of things on our to-buy list. Many of which have to do with the beginning of school year stuff. I wish I could post pictures of our fun lunch.
My kids don't love sandwiches and it frustrates me because it is so easy and cheap. Macy usually eats the middle of the sandwich; I've discovered that she really likes tuna fish but not tuna sandwiches. She prefers it on crackers. So I have been thinking about doing this for years. We got out our set of 101 shapes that I got from Wal Mart many years ago. Each child picked their shapes. Then they chose peanut butter and honey or jam. Brynn chose toast with butter. Fine with me.
I think Joel ate almost two sandwiches. Macy ate nearly a whole one and Brynn had three pieces of toast. Hurray for a good lunch! The only drawback was the crust waste, which might have been why they ate so much sandwich. I refuse to let it be ok to not eat crusts so I helped them find shapes that filled the bread a little better. I got comments such as, "you're such a fun mom," "this is so much fun to eat dinosaurs," and "can we do this everyday?"
There will be a post with some pictures of our time in Spokane coming in a week or so. We used my mom's camera while we were there. I'm just waiting for her to send me the cd of pictures.
1 comment:
Our house is on the south side of Barnwell, across the highway.
Post a Comment