6 of us!

6 of us!

10.27.2008

Anticipation

Not having a camera is the pits. That's why I don't post very often because it is so much more fun to have pictures. Alas, I'll try to quickly update with words.
We had our ward Halloween Party on Friday. Kids had so much fun. We had trick-or-treating to different classrooms, games, coloring, pinatas, more treats and a dance! Macy is the little dancing girl. She loves to dance. She was so cute to watch. At that age, they aren't self-conscious and they are too cute anyway. Stan and I even dressed up. Someone must have taken a picture.
Today is my 29th birthday. I feel pretty young, same as I did when I was 20 except that I have 3 kids and I've been married for over 7 years. I'm actually in better physical shape than I was when I was 20. My visiting teachers had me over for lunch. One of them is super party girl. She made a quadruple layer sandwich that was shaped like a flower. It looked like a cake but it was a sandwich and it was so yummy and fun. I get to enjoy one more year in my 20s before I enter the next decade. I'm not scared or worried. What are years anyway?! I'm happy to be the age I am and I don't plan on that changing. My birthday present this year is thanks to Stan's parents who are taking us all on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean! (By this I mean, all of stan's siblings and spouses, no children!) Stan got off the hook this year. I'll give him a whole year to plan my next birthday, the big 30. We leave Edmonton on November 6. I'm sure you all can imagine how excited I am for warm weather, nice beaches, amazing food, and even better company! To prep us for it, my sister-in-law and I are spending 3 hours at the spa this Saturday, getting our hair cut, and having a pedicure. I feel so spoiled! I'll be sure to post pictures, we are getting a camera before the trip.

7 comments:

Marie said...

Hi! I was going to wish you happy birthday on your old post so I'm glad you updated! Have a fun trip, and I agree - what are years anyway. I'll be 40 on Wednesday - what is that supposed to feel like?
Enjoy your last year of the 20's. I actually enjoyed my 30's more!
Oh, you had asked about the difference between raising young kids and older kids - I think it's the switch from physically demanding to mentally and emotionally demanding! Even though there are lots of challenges, I'm really enjoying this phase - it could be that I'm just a little more patient because I'm "older" and hopefully a little wiser now!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Sh'Nell! Enjoy the cruise. I am seriously jealous. Hope you have a great time. Love you guys!

The Anderson Family said...

Happy Birthday Sh'nell! What a present, a trip to the Caribbean! Hope you guys have a blast!!!!!

Torrie Family said...

Happy Birthday, Sh'Nell! Hope you enjoy your pedicure and hair cut with Whitney, I am assuming...
We have your camera waiting here for you so we will bring it. Just bring a lot of extra AA batteries for the cruise. Or you can buy a special rechargeable battery or lithium battery (we have the charger). See you next week! (My preparation is completely psychological)!! I don't know if I am excited for this cruise or not...

Heather said...

Sh'Nell--How are you. I don't ever facebook. I blog more so I thought I would just comment you here. Wow what a birthday gift. I hope you have an amazing time. For a long time I was so not ready to leave my kids and go somewhere fun, but I can tell you know I am sooooo ready LOL.

I hope you get your camera soon, it would be fun to see pictures!!!

Lindsay said...

Sh'Nell? Is that you? Hi! This is Lindsay, from way back in OIT days. I just stumbled onto your blog (by way of my friends in Muncie, Indiana...your brother-in-law lived in the other Muncie ward when we lived there). Anyway, how the heck are ya? Judging by this post, you seem to be doing well, and judging by the photos on your sidebar, you seem to have adorable children. So fun to run into you in cyberspace!
-Lindsay (formerly Nay)
http://lindsayadventures.blogspot.com

Chari said...

Hi Sh'Nell and happy birthday!! I'm so glad that you found my blog! It's been forever, I heard that you were in town with your family this summer but I never got around to calling to see if we could get together. Well, maybe next time, but at least we can keep up with each other this way, I love the world of blogs! You're kids are adorable and you look great! Have fun on the cruise, I'm so jealous!!

Chari