We spent the last weekend of September in Banff for a race and much needed family vacation. We stayed at a great hotel with waterslides and indoor playground for the kids. My parents met us there to help with the kids while we ran. Stan's parents ran in the race as well. It was beautiful there! A little chilly for the race but no snow! We had an amazing view of the mountains from our hotel room. I miss the mountains so much.
The race was the big one for me this year. I ran a 22k, Stan and parents the 10k. It's a pretty tough course, with several small hills. I was in better shape than I ever had been and I felt good for most of it. I really have enjoyed these last few months of training and the race was a great ending to it. My time was good enough for me. I'm still in recovery mode. I really miss running but my body needs the rest. I'm trying to be patient as it recuperates.
I'll post some pictures when we get them on our computer. We celebrated Stan's 31st birthday while there. It was a great weekend with family.
Here is a link to a few pictures of me during the race.
http://www.fleetfeetphotos.com/Searchm.aspx?eid=70&tp=marathon&ID=532621&bib=6342&pwd=1
3 comments:
Way to go Sh'nell!! Good for you! I am still trying to picture Wayne in running gear in a race...!!!
Aunt Susan
Good job, Sh'Nell! You amaze me and I hope to get into running again soon! Hope to see you soon.
Tonya
I too miss the mountains. That is the one thing I miss the most. I don't miss the cold and I like the sun, but I miss the mountains.
Post a Comment