6 of us!

6 of us!

11.18.2008

Picasa Web Albums - ShNell - Southern Caribbean Cruise!

Picasa Web Albums - ShNell - Southern Caribbean Cruise!

Here are more pictures. If this worked properly, there should be captions on some of the pictures.
St. Martin was my least favorite island but we made good memories there. It was our first chance to swim in the ocean since our first stop was on Sunday. It was my first warm water ocean experience. It was amazing how well you float. Stan was the only guy with us. He was sick the day before and needed a relaxing day off the boat so he came with us. We collected some sea shells, rented wave runners, played in the water and soaked up some sun.
In Antigua we went to their rainforest and zip lined for 30 minutes or so. The course was really short but it was a lot of fun. That afternoon I got a dose of the world of bartering. I wasn't very good at it. It was way too much pressure and some of the people were slimy. I finally just stuck close to my sister-in-law, who was used to this.
In St. Lucia (Loosha) we sailed on the pirate ship that was used in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. There were 3 actors from the movie on board that day. It was a fun experience. We sailed about 40 minutes or so to Pigeon Island where we swam and hiked up to Fort Rodney. This was my favorite island and I definitely want to go back some day. We heard there's a direct flight from Calgary there for pretty cheap.
Barbados was the last stop and it was rainy that day. We went to see some caves and have a tour of part of the island, by bus. Beautiful place, wonderful people. The beach had the most amazing sand and the clearest, blue water we had ever seen. In the middle of that beach experience, a big rain storm came, forcing everyone to vacate the beach. We took cover for awhile and then decided to go swim in the rain. It was so much fun!
My brother-in-law is burning us all cds with pictures from each couples' camera. I'll probably post a few more pictures when I get that.
We had the time of our lives and can't wait to vacation again!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow! That sounds like an awesome trip! You lucky ducks, you!

Thanks, too, by the way, for the comment on my blog. How fun to have this medium to catch up! We've been in NYC for a little over a year now (we moved here from Indiana, where we'd been for a couple years while Blake worked on his master's degree), and we love it. I never thought that 1) I'd live in NYC or 2) that I'd actually adapt AND like it. Anyway, so we're here for Blake's first post-grad-school job.

I don't actually have Caroline's contact info, but I didn't get reconnect with her brother, Joe, via facebook. If I'm able to track it down, I'll pass it along.