6 of us!

6 of us!

8.09.2009

Update on baby

I hope you don't find this picture disturbing. I tried to lighten it up a bit but I'm not very good at photo editing.
So, I've been emailing back and forth with several people over the past while about details of what happened to the baby, etc. So here is what we know and have decided...
1. We chose to not have an autopsy to find the cause of death. It didn't really matter to us and know that Heavenly Father allowed this to happen for many reasons.
2. We opted for the hospital to take care of the body. They did take pictures for us but by the time they did, the body looked really scary so we threw them away. They were creepy. I'll do some editing on mine.
3. We have a stupor of thought concerning the state of this little spirit so we chose not to officially name him. We'll still talk about the experience with the kids and only time will tell in some regards. We might not know in this life. We're OK with that.

4 comments:

Susan said...

You have a great attitude and I am glad you have peace on the issue. You are amazing and we love you and your family! Thanks for sharing!

Bryan and Lindsay said...

You are amazing Sh'Nell. I admire how you are dealing with such a sad event. It is awesome to have the gospel to give us more comfort and knowledge about life and even after.

And the picture is not creepy. Thank you for sharing it with us. We love you guys!

Kara said...

Glad to see things coming together for you and your family on this very sensitive time. :)

Michelle and Andy said...

Wow Sh'Nell, I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked your blog. I feel bad that I didn't know what you were going through! I'm glad you have peace with it though. Thank you for sharing what you're going through. Love you!