6 of us!

6 of us!

7.18.2010

RAIN...and thoughts

I feel like singing the song, "rain, rain, go away, come again another day" but it has been so nice to not have to water our garden or grass. This week, we had a huge amount of rain. To help us not go stir crazy, Whitney and I took the kiddos to see Toy Story 3. It was good. In fact, I liked it better than the first one. The kids loved it. It was a real treat for us as we hardly ever do things like that.

I LOVE having my sister-in-law Whitney living with us. It is so much fun. She and I have been exercising regularly and having a great time. Since this last stint I've been on, I can actually "see" progress being made. I don't know if I've lost weight, I don't like scales, but I can see something different in my shape. Finally! I plan to keep it up. I am loving the variety that we are doing, some cardio, some weights, some flexibility ie. pilates/yoga.
Exercising isn't been the only fun thing about Whitney. She cooks dinner for me periodically, babysits, gives comfort, a listening ear, and brightens our home with her happy, engaged self. I'm going to miss her more than anyone here at this house. We only have one week left and then she is off to southern Alberta to finish planning her wedding that is at the end of August.

We finished moving rocks off our front yard area, finally! I don't really want to know how many hours we have put into that job. I'm extremely grateful that it is done and we can move onto something else.

I'm not sure I mentioned that I'm in the primary presidency now. I love it. I was so grateful for the Lord's help today in giving a sharing time that I found out about yesterday. The counselor in charge became ill. We talked about the story of Nephi breaking his bow and related principles taught to loving others and serving, following the commandments, etc. I was really impressed with the senior primary. We made up a new verse to "Nephi's Courage."
Random thoughts. I know my mother-in-law reads this so this is mostly for her... Does anyone else read it?

7 comments:

Natalie said...

I read it and love seeing what wonderful things you are doing with your family.

CGibb said...

I read it too! I love getting the updates of what your family is up to.

from Lanette and Patrick said...

I love hearing/reading about you and your family. Thanks for letting us have a glimpse into your life! You inspire me, thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

I do!! And I love hearing about you and your family. You are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Once in a while, I try to catch up on everyone's blogs

judy torrie said...

Thanks for the updates !!!We sure do love them you are awesome >I will have to get on to that exercise plan as well !!It is late but thanks again !!Love from Beautiful Nauvoo !!!

Laura said...

I like to check in on ya. Maybe I will get a blog soon too. Yea for primary. I am still in it. Almost three years now.