Reasons for being tough right now...
Stan is receiving a 2nd heart valve replacement. He had it done in high school and its time again. We planned to move at the end of June to be closer to family, this surgery is done in edmonton and then there is 2-3 months of recovery. This is definitely where we need to be. Deep down, I'm not worried about the surgery or his recovery but it will be hard, it will require a lot of sacrifice from him and from me. The news really surprised us as he has been really healthy. We also know that all things happen for a reason.
Then, in the middle of all this, I found out I was pregnant. A couple if months ago, after I declared for the 100th time that I was done having kids,I had a strong impression that I wasn't done. The impression came in such a way that I knew I needed to keep trying and The Lord would bless me to be able to handle it. So with faith, we moved ahead. Days after I learned of this pregnancy, I lost it. All things considered, the surgery and hopefully moving later on, it's better for me to have my full emotional and physical capacities. And still I didn't know I would feel sad and need to grieve. But I do and I will in some way and all will work out for our good, I'm sure of that.
How's that for a post??
2 comments:
All I can say is you and I are a lot alike. And so are our lives in many ways. I also have declared dozens of times that I do not want any more children. Interestingly enough, only after being a week late (we're are definitely trying NOT to be pregnant) and submitting my will to God did I receive a reminder this morning that I am in fact not pregnant. My brain was on fire about our life ahead should this baby be a part of our lives, how I and the rest would survive. We're just coming out of this last one (she's 7 months.) Life just gets more complicated as we roll along and more often the solution is that we can do almost nothing without Him. I recently read a book where this is the main theme as well (Visions of Glory, Pontius.) Very good, eye-opening. Anyway, hugs to you, friend. We'll be thinking and praying for you. <3
Hey Sh'Nell! Congrats with your pregnancy! Your family is so nice its been fun to read and catch up on your blog. I haven't blogged in forever and so I forgot about a lot of the blogs I used to read regularly, including yours! I hope all goes well (or went well?) with Stan's surgery. When does he have it (if he hasn't already?) Your kids are all growing up so fast. We are in the south of Edmonton now, just in the Ellerslie ward, so not too far from you guys! You most likely know a lot of people from our ward as they were in the Beaumont ward before it split. We are loving it so far. That will be nice for you guys to be closer to family when you move. Joel's little letter about moving was adorable. Good luck with everything, and keep up the blogging, I love to hear whats happening with you guys and read your thoughts and opinions! They truly inspire, motivate, and cheer me up. Talk to you later! -Sandra
Post a Comment