My pondering helped me gather some thoughts of that time as a new mom and as a mom now.
I was terrified to be a mother. I rarely babysat because I didn't really enjoy kids, I think they've always scared me. I wondered how I would care for the new and demanding baby. She screamed the whole first night, and anytime we tried to put her to bed until she was well over two years old. It was traumatizing, for her and us. I read books about sleeping and scheduling and asked for advice, none of it worked with her. She was determined to do things her way, on her time schedule. The upside of this experience is that my subsequent babies have been so easy.
She still is determined and independent, but she has a very kind heart. She makes friends so easily and has many of them. She is patient with her younger sister who really likes her. She's a great babysitter and is responsible. She's talented academically and musically. She does well on the piano and has a beautiful voice. She loves to read and make crafts. She's a positive and happy person and she likes to laugh.
Being her mom now is so much easier. I don't miss the screaming days of her infant and toddlerhood. She is patient with me and trusting as I try to guide her along, sometimes too forcefully. I enjoy her as she learns and becomes who Heavenly Father wants her to be. Her time with us at home is more than half way done. Crazy. We sure love having her in our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment