6 of us!

6 of us!

2.09.2014

I love it when the answers finally come

Patience is a virtue that most of us are working on.  I've been struggling for a LONG time, years, with an issue.  This issue is trying to have joy amidst life's challenges, particularly family life.  I have been trying to figure out what I can do to help set a happy tone in our home and to try to keep it when the kids come home from school and immediately begin to fight.  I have tried a few things but I had an inspiration filled scripture study Saturday morning.  I often get inspiration as I'm reading but this one really stood out to me and it was something I've really been trying to get an answer for. I was reading about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and their choice to eat the forbidden fruit, which brought physical and spiritual death to them, and all mankind.  I was reading that when we sin, we feel guilt and shame, and this is what helps us to repent.  I finally realized that I have been feeling guilty about what is going on in our home, because I have been breaking one of the commandments, "Love thy neighbor as thyself."  My family members are my neighbors as well as the rest of the people I come into contact with.  I often don't feel joy because of this sin-sin leads to unhappiness.  I can fix this.  I know how to repent!  I am so grateful that the Savior atoned for this sin of mine, as well as all others, and that I can repent and be made clean.  Since I had this realization, I now can look at my family differently.  Loving all of them, each of them, as my neighbor will help me keep the proper perspective that I need to help reduce the contention in the home.  I love that I can receive personal revelation, straight from Heavenly Father, through the Holy Ghost.  What a huge blessing in my life!

No comments: