I've learned this important truth for myself! Talking on the phone to my long-distance friends is one of the best things I can do for my emotional and spiritual well-being. I'm not much of a phone talker, meaning, I don't usually enjoy talking on the phone. However, I've been blessed with some amazing friends and I finally realized this was the best way to stay in touch with them, glean from their wisdom, and share our ups and downs. So we schedule a once a month phone conversation and put it on the calendar, just in case we forget. It's something I really look forward to and enjoy!
-A random side note-
Do I love living in southern Alberta? Meh, it wouldn't be my first choice, I'm not a country girl, in fact, I think I like cities. I don't mind driving everywhere but I don't like paying for the gas. BUT it is delivering all the goods that we hoped it would. We moved here because:
a) we wanted to be closer to family-in the area and within closer driving distance to many others across the U.S./Canada border
b)We wanted small town lifestyle for raising our family
c)we wanted to be close to the homestead which offers lots of great activities in the summer time
d)we are a little closer to the mountains (Waterton)
e)small town public school is an excellent compromise for me between homeschooling and bigger public schools
-A random side note-
Do I love living in southern Alberta? Meh, it wouldn't be my first choice, I'm not a country girl, in fact, I think I like cities. I don't mind driving everywhere but I don't like paying for the gas. BUT it is delivering all the goods that we hoped it would. We moved here because:
a) we wanted to be closer to family-in the area and within closer driving distance to many others across the U.S./Canada border
b)We wanted small town lifestyle for raising our family
c)we wanted to be close to the homestead which offers lots of great activities in the summer time
d)we are a little closer to the mountains (Waterton)
e)small town public school is an excellent compromise for me between homeschooling and bigger public schools
2 comments:
AMEN SISTA'!!!!! :) I just wish stupid Skype worked better in the rural world! :) Talking to you feeds my soul and makes me happy every time! I LOVE it!
I couldn't agree more!
Post a Comment