I wish I took more pictures of my other kids, someday soon...
My message of this post is that in parenting, many trying, annoying, aggravating, and frustrating things happen but are often "just a phase". My mom has said this phrase to me numerous times during my motherhood career but I'm slowly starting to get it. I think the biggest help for me has been the quiet whispers of the Holy Ghost reminding me of when my older kids did similar things that the younger ones are now doing. This encourages me to share these thoughts with the two older ones and helps us not to dwell on whatever annoying event or outburst that is bothering us.
Opposition in all things
*Tantrums.....sweet snuggles from a toddler or "mommy, I need to hug you"
*Repeated loudness through voice or pestering of siblings.....holding little brothers hand on the 30 minute drive to town
*whining or complaining...compliments given after a meal is prepared or getting chores done without being asked or responding when mom and dad ask the first time
These things are all a part of raising children. When they are grown and gone it will be their turn to handle all of the parenting situations.

2 comments:
It has been great just reading your blog and I love the pictures !!
Great thoughts on parenting , just remember they will soon be gone and you can never get those days back . it looks like you are letting them know you love them now !!!!Keep up the great work ! Love Mom and Dad
You are awesome !!
You know I needed this one! :)
Post a Comment