6 of us!

6 of us!

4.05.2016

Spring break


Spring break coincided with Easter, which is a long weekend in Canada! So we stayed home to spend Easter together. The kids and I were adventurous and drove to Washington to visit our Wright family there. It was a short but fun week. 
I got to attend the temple twice, once to watch Brynn and two cousins be baptized for relatives names we found, and once to do a session of sealings with my mom and dad, and my brother and his wife. It was awesome. I love the spirit I feel in the temple!
The next two days were spent shopping. It was time for wardrobe updates for the kids, spring and summer wear. First the boys, then the girls. It was fun bonding times and we love getting clothes outside of southern Alberta so we don't have the same items as many others in our town!
This wagon was dual purpose. Fun for Molly at first. Then the big kids discovered they could ride it down the driveway. Very adventurous of them since you can't steer it very well. 
Spencer sporting his new goggles and shirt. He ended up with a bunch of name brand stuff from Ross, which I'm not into for little kids, but it was the same price as Walmart but better quality.
And the last day we found a really fun park, the theme of the park was based on a children's story, Ferdinand, then we had to go to zips for criscuts. 
After Molly was down for a nap, the kids and me hiked to the pond near my parents house. I had never been there and the kids didn't know where they going so we took a very round about way. After 1 1/2 hours of walking we discovered we were above the pond on a different trail. 
This is where we went wrong. 
Our 2 hour hike would have been half that long, at least, if only I'd known. But it was a good time and good exercise and the day was beautiful. 














No comments: