6 of us!

6 of us!

10.27.2009

Who says birthdays are about gifts?

So, this morning after Stan left for work, Joel said "aren't we supposed to go to the store and buy you some presents?" He was concerned for me. I then explained to him that I already bought my gifts and they were in the closet waiting to be wrapped. (Don't judge my poor husband, he is working on it and we agreed on this method for this year). Joel then said, "that's not very fun. You don't get to have a surprise." I agree with my 5 year old. Surprises are fun and I love them but there are other things I love about birthdays. It's the only day for me. I do share this day with others but not in my immediate family. I've had so much fun being with the kids and not worrying about what I'm not doing around the house. I took the day off. Brynn made me a PB & J sandwich for lunch. It was great. Stan is cooking me dinner. I'm not doing laundry, vacuuming, or sweeping. I'm currently listening to great music and sitting in the window where the sun is shining through. I am warm and happy! Who could ask for more. Hooray for birthdays!

3 comments:

Torrie Family said...

Happy Birthday, Sh'Nell! I am glad you are doing well.
I love your family pictures, they are really cute! We are planning a photo shoot-soon. We are in desperate need of updates!
Hope to see you soon!
T

Marie said...

Happy Birthday! I love the picture with the horses - wow! It sounds like things are well with you guys. Take care.

Nolo and Lauren said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope it was wonderful.