6 of us!
7.07.2013
Drops of Awesome
In relief society today we had a lesson about making a choice to see good in ourselves and to be less critical. Satan always tempts us to focus on the bad and to tear ourselves and others down to his level. During the lesson a story was shared about a mom who chose to fill an imaginary bucket with drops of awesome. As she noticed little things she did right, she discovered she really was becoming the person she wanted to become and that Heavenly Father really is happy with who she is. It made me think. When I get compliments from others, I often think about all the bad traits and weaknesses I possess instead of putting a drop of awesome in my bucket. Another point is that when we start to do this, Heavenly Father blesses us with more than our bucket can hold and we feel amazingly blessed. I can choose each day and each moment to have "drops of awesome" in my bucket instead of listening to satan's temptations of worthlessness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is great Sh'nell! I think you're AWESOME! We had that lesson a couple months ago. I sometimes forget that I'm awesome too.
Post a Comment