Making memories can be simple and cheap. Waterton is nearly closed at this time of year. No shops or bathrooms are open. Hotels are closed. But we were headed to the temple in Cardston and the weather was lovely. We took the kids along so we could do some hiking. I have to admit that in the past I've shrugged off little trips for fun because it takes so much work from me and the kids often complain until the end when they finally realized they had fun. I'm just now seeing that it's worth it. Plan ahead, do the work, ignore kids' complaints and have fun! I finally did. (Not sure I'll change my mind about camping in a tent though... )
Beautiful red rock canyon. Next year when it's warm we'd like to hike up the stream.
Bear's Hump for the first time ever! Steep but quick and a rewarding view at the top.
1 comment:
beautiful! that sounds like something we would do.....
Post a Comment