6 of us!

6 of us!

11.05.2013

Children

I love this video on lds.org.  The Savior always had time for the children.  This really struck me today.

http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/suffer-the-little-children-to-come-unto-me?cid=HPFR110113137&lang=eng

1 comment:

The Anderson Family said...

hey Sh'Nell!
I love this video. It reminded me of a little Ensign story I read years ago that always stuck with me. It was about a mom who lived in a mobile home and always felt like her kids were playing right under her, getting under foot, getting in the way, etc. She felt like it was only because their house was so small, and she couldn't wait until they had enough money saved to buy their real house and move to a bigger space. Well, that time came and they moved into a much bigger house, and she said she still found her kids played legos right under her feet in the kitchen, and were still always right there. She realized that they just loved to be close to her. And she thought of the Savior, and how He always made time for the children, how He loved to be near them, and never pushed them away or told them to go away. She thought of this video basically and the scripture it is based on. She realized she needed to be more like that, and enjoy them more as children! And learn to love having them close by. I try to be like that too, although somedays it is hard. I loved your post about how the kids were so happy doing their homework and piano and dinner and stuff because you were there doing it with them. It is so true that they just want our time and our presence sometimes, and it will make them so happy. I love reading your blog, keep it up!

-Sandra