A friend shared something they participated in recently, helping a family really in need, getting help from the community to fill the needs. I long for those kind of opportunities. Pause
I often don't like gift giving especially outside our little family. Most people have everything and I don't like giving something that will clutter up space or someone's life or that they will feel obligated to keep. Also not a huge fan of giving out lots of sugar, we have too much. I've found some great ideas online and even came up with one on my own. Giving gifts with perspective and meaning will me stay properly focused. Ideas;
With gifts in our little family we are writing a note about how the gift will help us friendship, share the gospel or serve.
For visiting teachees, I gave them winter smelling hand soap with a note to use our hands to serve as a gift to the savior.
An idea I loved that I found was doing acts of service, writing about it and emailing that to parents as a gift to them.
Also there are things like the Christmas jars by Jason Wright.
Back to the beginning of my post. Stan and I are formulating a plan and we ARE going to follow through. Two ideas, sing for the local elderly. We love music and want to share it to elderly people or those who need a boost, ALL year. Hoping for once a month.
The other is getting involved with a humanitarian organization.
Finally as followers of Christ, we often serve. We want to ritualize this so it has meaning to us.
And... An element important to me is to be a part, I don't want recognition. We donate fast offerings every month but I don't SEE how it's used or where it goes, same with dropping money in a jar at Walmart. For me, I need to feel the sacrifice and Know where it's going. That might be spiritually immature but that's where I am right now.
1 comment:
These are great ideas! Gonna borrow some :)
Post a Comment