6 of us!

6 of us!

6.07.2014

Solitude

I have a great emotional need to spend time alone, regularly, ideally every day. I often don't make the connection of why weekends are such a challenge for me.  But I like summer breaks and Christmas vacations. 
I'm feeling overwhelmed with people, and tasks. Little people leaving trails everywhere, huge garden and yard, and too much floor space to clean. My ideal house is a smallish one. Easier to keep up, especially if it only has a couple of bathrooms. 
Also I was talking to a friend and someone told her to do something each day that can't be undone. This is good advice for me as most of my days are spent doing tasks that are quickly undone. One day last week, I made a quilt top. I was feeling creative and the project went smoothly and was very satisfying. Here it is:
The angle is weird. It's going to be my patriotic quilt. When I'm feeling homesick or grateful or just chilly, I'll wrap myself in it. It will have flannel on the back.