We spent good Friday at the farm with grandma and grandpa Torrie and the southern Alberta crew. Easter egg hunt. My sister in law, Whitney, was awesome and put a grape in the eggs! Then they got to find little chocolates spread on the grass. The kids threw eggs down the sand hill and uncle Spencer drove the quad like a mad man while they tried to hit him with the boiled, decorated eggs.
Molly made friends with aunt Tonya, finally!
Other events of the weekend:
I was called as primary president on Easter Sunday.
We announced to our kids first, then parents and our siblings, about baby #6 coming in October.
The kids' responses were varied. Brynn was so surprised and shocked that she cried. She wasn't sure if she was happy or sad. Joel was glad as long as it's a boy. Macy was surprised and Spencer didn't really care.
I think I'm still surprised that it's real. I haven't heard the heartbeat yet but I sure have been sick and my tummy is growing way too quickly! Mornings are my favorite and least sick time of day. Evenings are rough. I'm usually ready to crawl in bed by 6:30 or 7, but no such luck.
We feel blessed that we can bring another spirit into the world and know we will be given help to care for it.
We are so grateful for the Savior, His life, death, and resurrection, that allows us to have eternal life, peace, and joy.




1 comment:
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! And I also feel the weight of it all. I get the impression that you and I are similar in our motherhood paths, how we deal with things, etc. And when I see one of my similarly minded friends going through or tackling something difficult it gives me hope and courage that perhaps maybe I could, too. Thank you for that! :) Funny enough I was thinking about you and the possibility of another baby just the other (as we'd chatted about it before.) Anyway, many many many congrats. And well done on the Washington trip! How far is that for you?
Post a Comment