6 of us!

6 of us!

4.16.2008

Elder Nelson's Biography


I've been reading Elder Nelson's biography in preparation for his visit to Edmonton this weekend. What an amazing man he is! I still find it hard to believe one person can accomplish so many things in one lifetime. Here is a small list:
-pioneer in open-heart surgery, he was on the team that performed the first one and then was the surgeon who completed the first one in Utah.
-on the team that developed the hunt-lung machine to make open heart surgery possible
-has been awarded or appointed high positions in several (20 or more) organizations such as the American Heart Association, Utah heart association, etc...
-Fathered and helped rear 10 kids, most of the credit goes to his sweet wife!! He seems like he was such a great father.
-instrumental in opening doors for the preaching of the gospel in many nations
I love this book and know that Elder Nelson has been blessed because he chose from an early age to put God first.
I'll post after we go to his devotional on Friday. His current wife, Wendy Watson Nelson, has family here in Edmonton, which is probably why they are coming here. Sheri Dew is accompanying them so it will be a great treat for us.

1 comment:

Michelle and Andy said...

I read his biography too(well, most of it!), and it was amazing. It's just like you said, he is an amazing man. That is so neat that they came to Edmonton and you got to hear them speak (and see them up so close!)