6 of us!

6 of us!

12.19.2008

Weather

Many people have been sharing their weather experiences so I thought I'd give you a view into mine.
For the past week, the average temp has been around -15F, with the wind chill -30F(has anyone heard of the wind chill factor? I hadn't until I moved to Alberta).
Growing up I thought it was cold when it got to the single digits in Fahrenheit. This cold weather hurts when you go outside. It's so normal here that nothing shuts down. As long as your car starts, which is sometimes difficult, everything is still up and running. I'd like to say that you get used to it. But I'm not sure that is true. If you are dressed appropriately though, it is bearable! A lot of gas is used for the car to warm up enough to get in without getting frostbite. We have quite a bit of snow too but it will be here until March or April. We're hoping it warms up a tad so we can go sledding!

No comments: