6 of us!

6 of us!

1.27.2009

Do I know what I'm doing?

You would think that by the third child, you'd have a few things figured out. And I do...but every child is different, I keep re-learning. This is the continuing saga of Macy and her sleeping troubles.
She slept great for 4 or 5 nights, in her big bed. Mind you, we have been staying with her until she is asleep. But we didn't think it too big of a deal since she was sleeping all night. Well, she oscillated back to the waking several times trick, Stan slept in her bed once, hoping that would help. We finally say "NO MORE!" For anyone who knows me, I've always been the sleep nazi. After a rough start with Brynn, at four months, I taught her to put herself to sleep, which meant screaming until she fell asleep. This continued until she was almost two, for naps and bedtime. I don't know how I survived it. So with Joel, I really didn't want the screaming and starting putting him down in his bed to sleep from a very early age, maybe one month or so. He rarely even cried. Angel! Macy came along, I was determined to give her a soother(binki), which was awesome, and I rocked her to sleep until she weaned herself of that just before she was 6 months old. She weaned herself of the binki too around her first birthday, has always been easy to put down, including being put to bed by babysitters and relatives. The trouble stems from the time we were away on our cruise. The Final answer is that we have her in her crib AGAIN and she is staying there for awhile!

No comments: