Week 2 of piano lessons went terrible. Brynn wasn't getting it and I didn't know what else to do so we had a break for a few days and we are starting again. I did something different, very basic, today. She seems disinterested. Is this normal? How do you make the beginning stuff exciting when they can't really play anything?
Macy is sleeping through the night again and I think naps are going to have to stop. She sleeps better when she doesn't nap. I am so sad to say good-bye to naps though. I love that break and she is so clingy.
I'm the food storage specialist for Enrichment for our ward. I'm getting really excited about the year. We are focusing most of the enrichment activities around food storage. We're going to get prepared, finally! I got emailed a great website. It is full of TONS of great info. http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/getting-started/
Since I married Stan, we read the Book of Mormon all the way through in January. So, I'm currently in the middle of it. It's so hard to not speed read it. When I slow down and pay more attention, it is amazing! I love figuring out who goes where and how the stories relate. I highly recommend doing it at least once in your life. It gives me a feel for converts who pick it up and just can't put it down. It's an amazing book and I know it's true!
3 comments:
Sh'nell your family is so cute!!!! I don't know how to make new things fun.......if you fiqure out how to make a 2nd grader like homework, let me know.....LOL
I think to make piano learning fun, you must always start with a bowl of chocolate ice cream!!!!!
What a beautiful family! I am so glad to be past that beginning piano stage I can't even make myself think about how to make it fun...Sorry :(
Good luck!
My mom made us wait to start lessons until we were older, like 8. I don't know if this helped us to be more interested or not. A 12year old in our ward wanted me to teach her and she kept bringing sheet music home from choir and wanted to play that(way to hard!!!) So she had the same problem too. I seem to remember some theory books that were like games, maybe that would help too!
Post a Comment