6 of us!

6 of us!

6.03.2009

Start from the end?

Where to begin...
In the past month, Brynn lost her first tooth, we moved out of our townhouse, we had a week away, since we didn't have a home, we moved into our new place, we've cleaned more than we've cleaned in the past year and we still aren't done, Joel turned 5, and I'm 17 weeks pregnant. That, in a nutshell, has been our life recently. I have pictures of Brynn after she lost her tooth, Joel's birthday party and I'll post for each of those two events sometime when I get around to putting the pictures on the computer.
About the house, we knew that when we bought the house that it would be a lot of work since it hadn't been well cared for, that's why we got it for a good deal. After being here a week and a half,we are beginning to realize all that comes with owning a larger home, since we lived in a townhouse for the past 4 years. We've been weeding quite a bit and are slowly making progress. Brynn really enjoys gardening when she is supposed to be doing something else. Joel enjoys it most of the time.
I've been driving Brynn 30 min each way, twice a day back to her old school to finish out the year. We don't get out until the 26th of June. I have a really hard time with the LONG school year here. The extra two weeks really does me in. My first child is just finishing grade 1(first grade). I'm assuming I'll get used to it.
On the best note, we are loving our new community. We have great neighbors, there are lots of kids in the area, it's a quiet, smaller town, just outside of the big city. I can get to the convenience if I want but I don't live right in the middle of it. We LOVE having a garage to park the cars in. This one is huge and fits our van and car with ease. Stan is anxious to finish cleaning it up and getting a work bench so he can work on some projects.
We haven't been to our new ward yet. Stan was released from his calling just after we moved and they asked us to go back so he could bear his testimony. Last week we made the attempt, but ended up at the wrong ward because we went at the wrong time. Oops! This week for sure.
I'm feeling amazing compared to what I was a month ago. The nauseousness is gone and I'm so thankful for that. I do have more energy than I did and the kids are trying really hard to keep me busy playing while I'm not unpacking or cleaning. I haven't gained as much weight this pregnancy and I'm really hoping the trend continues. With any luck, I'll have a baby smaller than Macy and not bigger. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Bryan and Lindsay said...

Wow! That sounds like quite the month! You are amazing Sh'Nell! I am glad you're enjoying your new house and neighborhood. The kids will enjoy having the yard and new friends to play with. I'm glad things are going great for ya! Just take a breath every once in a while :)

Kara said...

COngrats!!! SOOO much happening!!! Glad to hear you moved on in the world:) stratefamily.blogspot