6 of us!

6 of us!

7.29.2009

Can I just tell you...?

How AWESOME it is to have a REAL house. I'm talking about my own 4 walls, and all the floors belong to me! We have been married for almost 8 years and up until May 22, we've lived in an apartment or townhouse. All of our places have been sufficient and we were mostly content with each home we've lived in. Having a wonderful family to be with is really the most important thing but to be in a house. Some of you can relate to this and some have only lived in an apartment as a single adult. It doesn't matter. I have a real house! A huge garage that fits our bikes, camping stuff, skis, a van and a car, a freezer, Stan's fix it supplies, and room for more. We also have a yard where the kids can run, throw a Frisbee, hit a ball with a bat. We get to mow the yard, water it, green it up, etc. Over the next several months, we will have ripped out our carpet and replaced it, painted all the walls, hopefully get some curtains up, maybe even obtain some real beds. Our bunk bed frames got lost in the move somehow so the kids are just on mattresses on the floor. It's fine but we have something else to look forward to. It has been a lot of work but it's so rewarding to make it ours, slowly but surely. To go to bed and not have cigarette smoke and vulgar language drift in my window . To feel safe to have my kids out in front of the house, mostly. As long as they stay on the driveway. To not hear people yelling and screaming through the walls, except for my kids. I LOVE having a real house!

4 comments:

Nolo and Lauren said...

Congrats... That's so exciting. We're still in the apartment mode and can't wait for the day that we have our own four walls as well.

judy torrie said...

Hi That is awesome that things are really turning out great!!Sure lover reading you messages !Love you all .Sure hope you get some rest!!!Love MOM

The Anderson Family said...

How wonderful! I hope you guys are enjoying all that space!!!!

Kara said...

I really know how this feels and you said it perfectly :) I am so happy for you guys!