Last weekend we had our first of many 'at-home vacations'. I read in an LDS living magazine article the fun and economical way to have a vacation. We are always into cheap ideas and the kids are so easy to please right now! We had a back yard campout and I will post pics as soon as the computer allows me to do. We need a new computer. Anyway, the fun started with foil dinners that were absolutely delicious. I was impressed with myself. I cooked those and corn on the cob on the BBQ. After eating out on the deck, we set up our tent and built a fire in our pit. We roasted marshmallows for smores. We watched a movie in the tent to get the kids into their beds. Brynn and Joel slept great and wanted to sleep out there the next night. Stan and I didn't sleep at all. It rained so hard for half of the night, Macy got dripped on and I was cold. I made it until 4:45 am and then Macy and I came in and had a great sleep until 7:30. It was a fun experience. The rain was so typical of camping for me. I remember rain on many camping trips as a kid. I was so glad to be in my backyard and not in the boonies!
I forgot to mention earlier that Stan and I have new callings in our new ward. He is a helper in the nursery! I get to play the organ in Sacrament meeting and the piano in RS. But I get to share the job with another lady. It's awesome! We feel so blessed!!
2 comments:
We totally do backyard camps! I love it!
Hey Sh'Nell. I haven't checked your blog for a bit. We are in Nauvoo and having a great time. Really wish you guys could have come. Maybe next year...Anyway hope all is going well. We hope to see you this summer! Love, Tonya
Post a Comment