6 of us!
7.05.2009
What a difference a week makes
I've wondered over the past couple of days why I'm not suffering and mourning more than I am. I have almost felt guilty that I'm being insensitive or something. Then it hit me today and Stan and I have also talked about this... Numerous people have been praying and fasting on our behalf. We went to the Temple on Friday and I realized why I was there that our names were on the prayer roll. The reality of the that wonderful process set in as I felt the peace and love and faith of those faithful people attending the Temple. They were praying for US! Then today during testimony meeting, I realized more powerfully than ever, that the Savior's Atonement was exactly for that reason! He suffered so we don't have to and so he can feel what we feel. That burden has definitely been lifted from my shoulders. In fact I only carried it for a very short time. I feel like such a slow learner. I guess I haven't ever had anything that seemed like a big trial before. Now that I have, I've received so much strength, peace, and comfort. It is all too amazing to me how the Lord works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have loved reading your posts! They have really inspired me. We are thinking about your family and you have been in our thoughts and prayers.
You are amazing Sh'Nell. Your testimony through this experience has truly strengthened mine as well. You and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Wow! I wish I had the strength and conviction you have! I would be slower than you on the ball. I am so glad you both are doing so good with all this. Your strength will help your family through so many things. When I have a hard trial I'm coming to you!
Hey Sh'Nell what's your new address? I still have the other one. Email me at: lindsay.bryner@gmail.com. You are amazing!
Post a Comment