6 of us!

6 of us!

11.07.2009

November 8

This post is in honor of what would have been my official due date for this last pregnancy.
A handful of friends and family members have given birth to beautiful and healthy babies in the last couple of months and I'm so happy and excited for them! So naturally I was thinking about what I would be feeling like as I anticipated the arrival of my baby. I can honestly say that I'm not too sad. I really think I've been blessed with a miracle. The blessings and lessons I've learned from the whole experience far outweigh the sadness of it all. It's OK to feel sad and cry and sometimes I do. But I really thought it would be so much harder. Here's a little of what I've learned:
-You can't go through an experience like this alone!
-So many women have lost babies! My new circle of friends includes a few of them. I have had constant support of these women who have lost and it really makes a difference.
-gratitude for amazing and supportive friends and family.
-My love and appreciation for the Book of Mormon has increased. It's really come alive more to me this year.
-I have a greater desire to be worthy of the Holy Ghost's constant companionship and can more easily recognize when it is not present.
-Love for my 3 kids in my home has greatly increased. I have appreciated them so much more and really enjoyed spending time with them and trying to make fun memories with them.
-I have been able to more easily recognize blessings in my life. I've learned that the spiritual blessings seem to be the most common and the ones that I need the most. This is probably true for others too.
-I've learned to trust in the Lord more and especially His timing. I wish I knew what He knows but I can't handle it all at once and so I must be patient as I learn line upon line...
-I have felt God's love for me way more than I have before and my relationship with Him and with the Savior has been strengthened.
And so, do I sometimes wish I was hugely pregnant and about to give birth to a precious little spirit of Heavenly Father? Of course, but I know it's all for the best. I have faith in the promises I have received through priesthood blessings and I'll strive to enjoy my 3 healthy and growing kiddos! (They are finally feeling better from their illness).

3 comments:

Bryan said...

You are the best, Sh'Nell! Thank you for posting this. Thanks for sharing your testimony of this experience!

Mineforever~! said...

I love you Sh'Nell. I've probably never told you this, but your an amazing inspiration to me. Thank You for sharing your testimony!

Lori said...

I absolutely love your picture at the top of your blog! Beautiful family and beautiful horses! Your house is beautiful, you guys have done a really good job on it! And I love the caramel apples, great choice. I'm glad that you are continuing to do well and have come from your experience all the more stronger. You're awesome!