6 of us!

6 of us!

11.24.2009

To be a kid again

I have to share a couple of things Macy has said recently.
While at Grandma's house last week, Macy enjoyed playing with a tea set. One day as we were getting ready to go to the store,
Macy said, "I want to buy a tea set."
Mom replied, "But you don't have any money."
Macy pointed to grandma and said "I use she's money."

This morning Macy was talking about the wise men. We set up some of our Christmas things yesterday so I thought she was talking about the Wise men who gave gifts to the baby Jesus.
She picked up a play phone and started talking.
Mom, "Who's on the phone?"
Macy, "The wise man."
Mom, "Who are the wise men?"
She said something about nursery so I asked her if the wise men were in her nursery.
Macy said, "probably...the wise men built his house upon a rock." Then she wanted to sing the song.
Never assume you know what your kids are talking about until you hear the whole story. I realize this with the older kids too. They are learning to communicate and think and it is so fun to watch the process but I must be patient, and get the whole story!

2 comments:

Torrie Family said...

Sh'Nell, I really wish we lived close to you guys! I love to read your blog and feel of your spirit! You are a true strength to me! I am so sad that we are going miss you guys by a few days this holiday. We are definately going to make a trip up north to see you next year!

Unknown said...

Hey those comments of Macy's are awesome !Kids are so fabulous ! we really will miss all you wonderful family this year ,but we are having some wonderful experiences here!Give everyone hugs and loves for us!!