6 of us!

6 of us!

11.23.2009

Thoughts on women

I re-read Sister Allred's talk from the General Relief Society meeting and wanted to share what I liked.
She quoted President Kimball saying this: "Among the real heroines in the world who will come into the Church are women who are more conerned with being righteous than with being selfish. These real heroines have true humility, which places a higher value on integrity than on visibility.... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and the spiritual growth of the Church in the last days."
I loved this! What a great reminder of the work that can and need to be doing. Women need women. Let us reach out to all of our friends and neighbors. Christmas time is a great time to share with people our beliefs, our service, and our love for Jesus Christ. I challenge you to do something... I will too and I'll try to remember to share it on my blog.

No comments: