6 of us!

6 of us!

1.05.2010

Birthdays are special

My first attempt at homemade caramel was enjoyed by all these cute kids. The caramel was amazing. Thanks to April, my sister-in-law, for sharing. You could eat it straight from the pan plain, and that is what we did, and we dipped pretzels.
Brynn figured me out. I'm not a party mom, at least I haven't been. I'm not into party games and having 10 kids the same age over and trying to keep them all happy. Since we've been in this house, we've had lots of people over. Brynn realized if we invited the whole family, fed them dinner, etc. and made it less of a birthday party, I would go for it. And I did. I enjoy having the parents too so we can visit and the kids can play. We had 13 kids and 6 adults for Brynn's "party". It was really fun.
The kids were so excited to give Brynn her gifts.
Brynn LOVES to have dinner by candlelight. This was my attempt. It was a little dark. We could barely see our food. I need to get a few more candles.
This is Stan's sister Whitney. We had a b-day party for her. She turned 21 in November!


Brynn is now 7. It's hard to believe. We are grateful for her and we are so happy to have her in our family. When she was born, we borrowed a digital camera. We never did get the pictures digitally though. We printed them out and they are in her scrapbook. Maybe some year for her birthday, I'll scan them. She was a cute baby, still is cute.

No comments: