For some reason in the past year, when things change, they REALLY change. I've learned to adapt to and welcome change. Readers of my blog who have known me for several years, can attest to the fact that I've always despised change. I guess maybe I'm learning a lesson in life that I really need. I believe most of my adaptablity has come from the building of my testimony. Because I know personally that Heavenly Father loves ME and I know He is very much directing me in my life, I can move ahead with faith and trust. This doesn't mean that change is easy or that it doesn't require a crazy amount of work on my part, because it usually does, but I know I am blessed when I'm doing what I know I should be doing.
Some of the things we have done that has required my adaptablity: (and I have to add that I didn't always handle it the best)
-decided to not go on a mission, which led to marrying Stan!
-starting our family, before I finished College, but I finished after
-moved to Canada
-moved in with parents-in-law with a 5 month old baby and lived with them for 6 months
-moving to Edmonton before Stan had a job
-2009(becoming pregnant with #4, moving to a new house, town, ward, losing #4, and beginning research on homeschool)
-2010- Starting homeschool. Yes you read that right. I know many of you are shocked! As was I when I repeatedly felt the impression from the Spirit. I knew better than to question the Lord. After the shock and unbelief wore off, I dove in to finding out more about it and the direction we needed to go as a family. It has been very stressful, exciting, and, at times, exhilarating.
So, that is our new adventure for this year and life maybe.
The kids LOVE it. I'm actually loving it more than I thought. I really thought I wouldn't be able to handle my kids all the time. But, just as with other other things, the Lord is providing a way and it is fun.
If you have negative comments, please don't share them. I am new to the idea and I need encouragement. I'm just trying to do what is right for my family and I know we are!
6 comments:
Nothing negative from me! I think you're amazing....always have, always will. Good luck.
You are doing what's right for your family and no one has any place to make judgment on that especially when it comes form the Lord. I applaud you. I do homeschooling for my kids during the summer and have thought about it for the school year, especially with somethings that people want taught in our schools but haven't felt the drive to yet. Good for you!!
You are a brave girl !!But I know you can do it !!Thanks for being the wonderful wife and mother that you are .Give everyone our love from Nauvoo!Mom and Dad Torrie
Even from a teacher, I think that is great. Homeschooling has wonderful pluses and can be great if you work hard at it. A lady in my ward has done some of her children and has stopped some. You probably have people close to you too, but if you would like her email to discuss I am sure she would love to talk about it.
Homeschooling wow! In our new ward here, there are these two families I have met that do it, and I really take my hat off to them and anyone that can do it! That is great! It seems really great, and especially if you feel it is what your kids need. Good work Sh'nell!
I'm very excited for you Sh'Nell! Homeschooling was the best thing I've ever done and I'm looking forward to the time I can do it again. :D
Post a Comment