I've discovered, especially since living in the north, that I really like spring! Spring gives me hope that summer will come eventually and that we will enjoy a few months without any snow, even if we get a spring snowstorm, which we usually do.
Also, I made my first visit ever to a mental health professional. She is a psychologist, R.N. and working toward a doctorate in Nursing, specializing in sleep something. Through the craziness I've experienced over the last year and more, and encouragement from some family members, I decided maybe I should get some counseling. My biggest issues are being optimistic and finding joy in everyday life. I know these are things that lots of people deal with but Stan's benefits cover the help and it's a way to talk about my life, outside of my family, in a confidential way, with someone who can help give me some strategies. The psychologist is a perfect fit for me. We are similar in enough ways that she is easy to talk to. She is a very spiritual person, which is huge for me. I've had an introductory visit and I'm really excited to move forward. Something that she and others have helped me see lately that in order for me to be helpful to my family, I must find things I enjoy to fill up my bucket, so when life sucks it out, I won't be completely depleted. As I have been working on that, it has made a HUGE difference. Having "me" time has always been important. I'm an introvert by nature and get recharged by being alone. Being surrounded by kids all day just doesn't work. I have to have some breaks or at least some outings to break it up. I can easily see why homeschooling made me crazy. However, I also recognize that things weren't too ugly until I got pregnant. Hormones do crazy things to me. Enough rambling...I'm excited to see someone who can help me. Stan is actually really good at helping me too. He can see things that I don't always recognize and he's nice about pointing it out. He's also learned when he can safely approach me, which is a big deal.
1 comment:
I think that's great you're talking to another person that can help you see outside your box. I think anyone who does this is better because of it and definitely does not need to apologize for doing so.
I also really love how excited your girls are about their new room. lol.
Post a Comment