6 of us!

6 of us!

4.30.2008

Friends

What would I do without my friends? I have met many friends in all the places I have lived and cherish all of them. Today is the birthday of one of my dear friends in Edmonton. When we moved to Edmonton 4 1/2 years ago, Jolynne Wright was one of the first people I met. I was drawn to her for some reason. She was down to earth, easy to be with and talk to. I felt like we were going to be friends. We are in the same stage of life, which allows us to share many common, daily struggles and joys. Our 3 kids are near the same age and, as they have gotten older, play really well together. We forced our oldest two to play together because we wanted to hang out.
Jolynne is from Barnwell, Alberta, a small farming community near Taber/Lethbridge. She is turning 29 today. She is the 7th of 8 children, one sister,6 brothers. She is a mother of three children, Levi-5, Emily-4, and Sadie- 21 months. She is married to Tim Wright. She is an RN and works in the Newborn ICU. She is our ward chorister and is an essential addition to our ward choir.
Why I love her:
-great with babies and children and possesses the ability to handle chaos
-patient, kind, and loving
-She loves to have fun
-She is very sympathetic
- a great listener
-willing to give her opinion. I love this because you always know what she is thinking. There is no guessing or wondering.
-She is so willing and eager to help. There are so many times that she has offered to take some or all of my kids so I can have a break. If I'm having a hard day with one of them she'll invite them to come over and play so I can re-group. After Macy was born she kept the other two overnight and had them numerous times, too many to count, throughout the days after the family help left.
Things we like to do together:
-Chat- We talk most every day on the phone. Since the kids are older and busier we don't spend as much time together.
-We love to shop together. Thank goodness for the West Edmonton Mall. We have spent many hours there together.
-Run/exercise.
-Scrapbook-although we've only done it a couple of times. It's not a priority at this stage in my life.
-sing. We took voice lessons together for about a year and we sang a song at Christmas time, with one other lady, in sacrament meeting.
-We probably would enjoy doing anything together. These are the things that are most prevalent in our worlds right now.

As you can see from the pictures. I talked her into being my running buddy. She was sure she was going to hate it but she stuck with it and we were able to finish a 1/2 marathon together.

This was our first race together. Canada Day 2005
This was our first 1/2 marathon. October 2005
We look really excited. I didn't post the after shots.Jolynne and her husband, Tim. Fall of 2006.

She is in the process of selling her house and moving back to southern Alberta, we think. I will miss her!

Happy Birthday Jolynne!

1 comment:

Niki said...

I know how important friends are. I have always been able to find one that means the world to me where ever I go. And having just moved 2500 miles from my best friend, my friends here have made this whole experience easier for me. Friends are one of the most important things in your life. You always have your family, but friends help make it all perfect.

love you