6 of us!

6 of us!

5.01.2012

It's May!

I'm on a journey to the new me.  It's been hard, depressing at times, exciting, and hopeful!  I've been a mother for over 9 years and somehow lost myself as I was giving to my children, not realizing that they, and I, needed me.  I'm making a comeback and it feels so good.  I feel alive again and excited to be a mother and a wife, a fiddlest(I've only had two lessons), an exerciser again and boy does that feel great!. I actually played basketball with Stan and Joel outside the other day.  It was so fun. I forgot how much I love sports.  I still read a lot because it is a great source of spiritual communication for me.  I receive many answers to my prayers as I read and learn.  My favorite reads of late:  The Acts of Faith Series by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn. It's historical Chrisitian fiction around the time just after the Savior was crucified.  I'm in the middle of book 2.  They are wholesome and uplifting and cultural and I like that.  Phil Callaway is another Christian author I've been reading.  He writes about having a positive outlook on life and finding humor in all the little, everyday things.  I desparately need that. And...the book I'm just finishing is Stephanie Nielson's Heaven is Here.  She shares her experience of her perfect life before her airplane crash that burned 80% of her body, and her recovery  up to now.  It is amazing!  She is a very personal writer and shares the struggles she faced as she has come back to life from near death.  I read it in just over 2 days.
Thanks to my family and friends for encouraging me and helping me in ways that has saved me from further despair.  I'm so grateful!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I've been realizing lately that I need to do more for me, too. Some days it's just so hard to be happy, especially when bedtime has been a fight and then it is time for me to go to bed and just get up and do it all over again... Thanks for sharing what you're going through and what you're doing. It's nice to know I'm not alone, and to be reminded that I should do something about it.

I haven't read anything by Jeanette Oke for a long time, I'll have to check out that series. I really enjoy Christian historical fiction.