6 of us!
1.09.2014
Modern (in)conveniences
I'm grateful for technology in so many ways but over the last two months, I've often found myself frustrated with appliances that I can't fix and don't want to pay someone else to fix. The dishwasher was first. I've been washing dishes by hand for two months now. Not a huge deal but it takes time, something that I value. Next was the vacuum, it works enough to get us by but I feel like the carpet is always dirty. Lastly was the washing machine. The conclusion I've drawn from this last break down is that we have too many clothes. It is impossible to stay on top of the laundry situation with 6 people in the house without the washing machine. I can wear the same clothes multiple times in the winter but kids are dirty. Since the washer got fixed, I've probably done 15 loads or more. We had stuff from before we left for the Christmas break, stuff from while we were gone and the five days after our return. I think today is going to be the day I catch up on laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! Our stuff is breaking (seems recently, too.) Our dryer is dead.....that's fun in the winter time. I did dishes for months last year......I feel your pain.....and our vacuum is stupid, too! LOL.
Oh, Sadness! You are living in the Pioneer days! I don't know how they did it, honestly!!! :) My mom used to joke when she did laundry that she was going to take our family to join a nudist colony so she wouldn't have to do any more laundry. I'm TOTALLY with her now! --Bridget
Post a Comment