6 of us!

6 of us!

1.09.2014

Updates soon but here's something to think about

From a conference talk I listened to while doing dishes this morning. "Why does He warn any of us to remove ourselves from a source of danger when He could simply stop the danger from happening?...
Rather than solve the problem Himself, the Lord wants us to develop the faith that will help us rely upon Him in solving our problems and trust Him. Then we can feel His love more constantly, more powerfully, more clearly, and more personally. We become united with Him, and we can become like Him.  (Drawing Closer to God)
Another thought about the same subject...
I just started reading a book by Virginia Pearce called 'A Heart Like His'. The subtitle is making space for God's love in your life. 
It is easy to feel pressured to do more. I've worked hard over the last several years to try to simplify a lot of things on my life but I have such a passion for learning and bettering myself that I sometimes get carried away with my plan and forget about God's plan for me. 
After reading the first chapter of the book, I'm already inspired. The main point to me was that I could open my heart to others without DOING anything extra. That in turn would help me to feel God's love more and help others to feel it too. 

No comments: